Sunday, May 22, 2022

Updates

 Hi. It's been a couple of years. What's been going on? Well, besides the entire world going entirely topsy-turvy and some other not-so-great stuff that's happened, I successfully defended my masters thesis in biology, got a teaching job, and... I finally started seriously tackling a project which I've been playing around with for a decade. 


The project is called Ravenheart and the Dragon Tamer, and it follows a family dealing with the aftermath of a dragon attack. It's a lot of work and I want to throw it against the wall most days, but it's come a long way in a short amount of time and I am very happy at how much it has grown. I look forward to being able to share it someday in the near future.




As for what else has been going on creatively, I've dusted off a couple of old manuscripts and am trying my hand at redrafting. Rewriting a book is a process and I would like to throw these stories against the wall most days as well. I'm surprised my walls aren't stained with ink. Writing is hard, but worth it.

I also joined (and now help admin) a character art and development group. Through it, I've created a ton of illustrations for Ravenheart and have been able to connect with other creators from around the world. It's been a very encouraging and rewarding experience and has helped me develop my visual storytelling style.




I don't think I'll be making any more Iggy and Rocky comics. Maybe an illustration here and there if I get inspired, but it's just too hard to create interesting plots for them. However, I have been playing an Izzy-inspired character in a dungeons and dragons game.



She's an ex-pirate whose crew abandoned her and she's now trying to be a better person. She's very into befriending animals and a few weeks ago, she and the party fought a tree. A few of her adventures may wind up here.


I missed updating this blog, so I may try to revive it. Have a lovely day and a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment