Saturday, April 12, 2014

An interesting surprise/ April 8, 2014

This morning when I was between classes, I decided to look at some Guardians of Ga'Hoole (a lovely book series by Katheryn Lasky) artwork. I came across a page dedicated to the Striga, a blue dragon owl of the mock court in the Middle Kingdom and one of the most despicable villains I have ever read about. Here's the page:



Now take a closer look at the picture... I stared at it for a moment before shouting at the top of my lungs (or really just thinking it quietly to myself), "HEY! I drew that owl!!!!!" 

Back in 2010, I was sitting in trigonometry class, all excited that the GoG movie was about to be released and drawing scarred owls wearing helmets and battle claws all over my binder. I intended to put a background behind this guy as I uploaded it to my WetCanvas account as a WIP, but never got around to it.

It's been four years since I have scribbled anything in trigonometry class, so you can probably imagine how shocked I was at finding my owl on the Ga'Hoole Wiki page. I am very touched that someone liked it enough to stick it on their web page. It's a pretty cool site, and if you've read the books, you should check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment