Monday, April 10, 2017

Snake Road

Hi there! Some friends and I went up to Snake Road yesterday and saw some awesome herps.


Bullfrog.


Lithobates catesbeianus. Also bullfrog.


Angry ribbon snake. Either that or he was really excited to see me.


Diadophis punctatus.


Rat Snake.


Sneaky Cottonmouth.


Plethodon mississippi.


Cottonmouth trying to convince us that he's a rattlesnake. Seriously, he rattled his rattleless tail against the leaves and shouted, "I AM A RATTLESNAKE!" at the top of his lung. It's his other defense mechanism. Very convincing.


Plethodon cinereus. Very small. Very cute.


I think this is a gray tree frog? There was some debate on the trail. He did have yellow on his hind  legs though.


Eastern fence lizard. This particular one was not found on a fence.


Storeria dekayi. The brown snake.

Also, happy National Siblings Day to my sisters! If we were salamander larvae in an overcrowded pond, I'd eat you last ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment